* For blood and Qi stagnation due to cold type menstrual disorders such as irregular menses, amenorrhea, or dysmenorrhea.
* For injuries where blood is congested, as well as for a disturbed spirit due to blood deficiency.
* Used topically for numbness or skin problems caused by blood-deficient wind.
* To relax the smooth muscle of the uterus to help reduce menstrual pain.
* For easing coughing and wheezing.
Major known chemical constituents: ligustilide >35% (from Kaiping extractor analysis), phenols
Available in 5ml bottles
From the beginning Evelyn’s search for reputable extractors in China and testing oils has been a slow but important process. She began visiting large and small extractors, distillers, and perfumers who were enthusiastic and dedicated to producing high quality essential oils from the finest authentic herbs. Her suppliers gradually fell into place – among them a factory/plantation using CO2 extraction in Guangdong Province, a small family-run steam distillery in Jiangxi Province, and a large distillery in southern China focusing on the Chrysanthemum scent.
In the end Evelyn’s persistence paid off. Alchemica Botanica TCM Essential Oils became the first line of essential oils dedicated purely to traditional Chinese herbs and substances, intended for therapeutic use in acupuncture and Chinese medicine in general. It fills a void in currently available essential oils by providing practitioners and their patients with authentic Chinese medicinal herb essences that are easy to use, fast acting and cost effective.